How to get a cloud.gov.au account and join or create a project.
Accounts are available for Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) staff, as well as staff from government agencies that have an agreement with the DTA to use cloud.gov.au. If your agency is interested in using cloud.gov.au, please [email us](mailto:email@example.com) so we can discuss your needs.
Join an existing project
1. Create your account
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following template:
G`Day cloud.gov.au team Could you please create a cloud.gov.au account for me? email: <your email here> Mobile number: <your mobile number here> Regards, Jane Doe <your team name here>
You should expect to hear from us within 1 working day.
2. Request access to the existing project
To get access, please contact your project’s CloudFoundry maintainer. This is usually the Delivery Manager or Tech Lead.
If you have any problems, please send us a support ticket.
Start a new project
We will setup the Github and Cloud Foundry infrastructure you need to start deploying your application.
1. Request a new project on cloud.gov.au
To request the setup of a new project send a support request to email@example.com using the following template:
G`Day cloud.gov.au team Could you please setup our team so that we may make use of cloud.gov.au? Project Name: <project name here> Project team maintainer: <email here> <GitHub handle here> | Email | Mobile Number | GitHub handle | | -------------------- | ------------- | --------------- | | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0400 xxx xxx | therealjane | | email@example.com | 0400 xxx xxx | therealjohn | | ... | ... | ... | Regards, Jane Doe Team Lead <Team name here>
- We use the information you give us to create Github and Cloud Foundry accounts for your team.
- You can list as many team members as you need.
- It is important that you nominate a project maintainer in your request. The project maintainer has admin access to the GitHub team and CloudFoundry space. This means that the project maintainer can add and remove team members once the project is setup.
You should expect to hear from someone from the cloud.gov.au team within 1 working day.
2. Access your project through Github and Cloud Foundry
Once your request is processed, you will be given:
A new GitHub team on the AusDTO GitHub organisation
- AusDTO GitHub is where you manage your application’s source code.
- We populate your GitHub team with the user accounts you provide.
A new CloudFoundry project
- CloudFoundry is where you manage your application.
- We use your project name as the CloudFoundry Space name.
- We create user accounts and grant access to the space using the emails you supplied.
- We send your team their account passwords using the mobile numbers you supplied.
Next step: Install command line tools